Does every girl use the same make up products on a daily basis or is it just me? I literally use the same products for every occasion – work, social events, weddings, random store runs to Target. I guess I’m a little boring, but then again, I like simplicity.
Here are my favorite every day make up products that I use. And believe me, they’re all not high-end brands. I do use a few drug store make up products and they work just as great as anything from Sephora or Ulta.
- Urban Decay Optical Illusion Face Primer – A serious must-have. I’ve used face primer prior to purchasing this one, but for the last two years, this is what I’ve stuck with. After applying a very small amount all over my face, I top it off with foundation, powder and setting spray. It actually makes my skin look VERY flawless after my entire face is done. I’d say this bottle would last many months, although it doesn’t look like it would. Perhaps that’s the other part of it being called “Optical Illusion”. *wink, wink*. You can purchase this from Sephora or Ulta.
- Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation (honey bronze) – I can’t even remember how long I’ve been wearing this foundation, but it’s a guarantee I’ve been using it for over 7 years. It really does its job! Typically, foundation would crack after half a work day, but using this double wear typically lasts me all day and night. Of course, I do have to use setting spray in the morning and once again at night to freshen up. But at least I don’t have to wipe my make up off and reapply foundation to my entire face! I have oily skin and mainly in my t-zone. It’s a buildable foundation so you can wear as little or as much as you want. It also comes in a variety of shades (as all foundations should!) and sometimes I mix honey bronze with a darker shade, just to get the perfect color (typically in the summertime). This can be purchased at Nordstrom or Macy’s. Sephora used to carry EL products, but not anymore!
- Make-Up Forever Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation (168/Golden Camel) – I’ve been using this to place on top of my foundation for some years now. Probably just as long as I’ve used my EL foundation. Although it is a powder foundation, it is also buildable. I typically don’t use much since I just brush it all over my face and I’m pretty much set! It does make my skin look pretty flawless afterwards and I love it! You can find it at Sephora, but lately my shade has been sold out online and in stores. So it’s nerve wrecking when I actually need it! I do have a back-up product that I recently purchased from Sephora and it’s made by Cover FX. It works in similar ways so I guess it’ll do if I completely run out of my MUF brand.
- MAC Powder Blush (Pinch Me) – This has been my go-to blush for over 10 years now! I love the color on my skin tone. It’s a peachy pink color. Nothing dramatic which is perfect for me. It goes on matte and they have plenty of shades available in store and online. I don’t think I will be using any other blush unless this one is discontinued.
- Anastasia Powder Contour Kit (Tan to Deep) – Since I don’t know how to contour my face using any cream contouring products, I opted to try Anastasia’s Powder Contour Kit and I’ve been using it since! It’s so easy to use, it lasts a long time and the shades are perfect for my face. I use almost every color that is included in the palette and I love them all! They are easily available at Sephora, Ulta or even the Anastasia website.
- Ulta Beauty Illuminator/Highlighter (Radiant Diamond) – I am not a huge fan of highlighter nor do I use it every single day all over my face. But don’t get me wrong! I love seeing others highlight the hell out of their face, shining and beaming to the point where I can see them 5 miles down the road. I use it daily on the bridge and tip of my nose and that’s about it. Since I don’t use it so often or as much, I opted to look for something cheaper than high-end brands. Ulta’s beauty line is actually not that bad. They have really great products for affordable prices! I actually really, really love my highlighter from Ulta. It’s a pearly, golden shade and a little goes a long way! Again, you an only find it at Ulta – hence, the brand name of the product.
- Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade (Dark Brown) – I was very skeptical about using this product when I first heard about it some years ago, so I have always used brow pencils or powders. I don’t know what made me want to try the pomade, but I’m glad I did. It’s one of their best products so I hope it never gets discontinued. WARNING! A LITTLE REALLY DOES GO A LOOOONG WAY. I use a tiny bit for each brow every day and brush it out afterwards and it’s amazing. It really lasts all day and night and I’ve never had to touch my brows up. I think the product could be considered as “waterproof” about 85% of the time because this past summer, I tipped over into the lake from my canoe and my brows were still in tact when I got out. And trust me, I was in there for a long time LOL. If you use the pomade, I suggest purchasing the brush as well. The pomade will last a pretty long time, but if it tends to not have the smooth consistency or it doesn’t glide on your brows that easy, add one or two drops of baby oil to the pomade. I swear it has saved my pomade plenty of times!
- NYX Full Coverage Concealer (CJ04/Beige) – I only use concealer underneath my brows to clean it up. I purchased this in beige so that it could be a little lighter than my foundation/skin tone. I think it gives my brows a much more cleaner look than having no concealer. I can’t say much more about this product since I don’t use it to its’ fullest potential, but it works for me – especially since it only costs a few dollars. *shrugs*
- NYX Epic Ink Liner (Black) – This has been my favorite eye liner for such a long time! It makes the perfect winged liner and it’s waterproof. It glides on so smooth and you never have to go over your liner twice! One good glide, and you’re set for the entire day. What more could you ask for???????? Again, for a product to be under $10 AND amazing? You can’t beat that! Find it at any store that carries NYX like Target!
- E.L.F. Volumizing Masara (Black) – I don’t have much to say about mascara since I barely have any lashes. I just use an eyelash curler and mascara to prep prior to sticking on some falsies. That’s why I love spending the $2-3 on this product. Nothing more!
- Ardell Double Up False Eyelashes (#206) – These are my absolute fave falsies in the entire universe! Well, for now. I don’t really venture out to seek different brands or styles, but these are my go-to lashes for every day wear. They look pretty natural to me and that’s why I love them. Some people question if I am wearing falsies or if they are my real lashes (I WISH!!). If the strips are too long for your eyes, don’t forget to snip a little off. It’ll look so much better!
- Urban Decay Make-Up Setting Spray (All Nighter) – Your look is not complete unless you set your face with setting spray. And I highly suggest using UD’s All Nighter setting spray. It lasts me throughout my shift at work and if I am going somewhere at night, I just spray my face again to freshen up. It’s made for any skin type too! If there are better setting sprays out there, lemme know. But this product is pretty amazing.
- Fenty Gloss Bomb (Fenty Glow) – Now to top off my entire look, I use this heavenly lip gloss. I’m not much of a lipstick person because once I put a lippie in, I will most likely wipe it off in an hour (or less). Pretty wasteful, right? But if you give me this lip gloss …. hell! I’ll wear it all damn day! It’s simple, basic, glossy af, and I don’t have to reapply every damn hour. Now that’s a great gloss! If Rihanna was my friend, she would be so proud of how damn confident I walk around with this product on my lips EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Hey RiRi!
Everything I’ve mentioned above are products I use on a daily basis. If you know me, then you know I do not really switch my products up often or at all. So the products I use may not always be the best for everyone, but it’s what I feel is right for me! Feel free to let me know if there are other products out there that are similar to the ones above. I am always open to trying to products!